Thread: injector cleaner.

can we run normal fuel injector cleaner in our tanks...I've read most of the labels and have only found one that says do not use in diesel.
    For ex.
    Would it hurt to run a bottle of STP fuel injection cleaner?or barryman b-12,or cheveron,ect???

Exclamation

Why???

The stuff the injector cleaners are supposed to clean doesn't happen with Diesel fuel. They also have solvents that can reduce the lubrication properties of the fuel. At the very best, it will do nothing other than create some space in your pocket.

Use a good fuel additive, not a gas treatment.

i do run rotella treatment alot.I was just wondering about the cleaner....If its going to possibly cause issues than no way is it going in my tank...

Tough Guy Guest

What you need my friend is some Power Service Diesel Kleen...

You can get it at Wal-Mart, $4.XX and it will treat 3-5 tanks of fuel.

Its good for your injection system and will pay for itself with the increase in fuel mileage.

Cheers

eracers999 Guest

Food for thought;
    Good ole marvel mystery oil works great for all ailments, ive run it in mine and really like it.
    Kent

Marvel Mystery Oil is good stuff. On gasser engines I have used it in the crankcase to free up sticky lifters and in the gas tank to free up sticky fuel injectors.
    1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer...new 6.5 in process...diamond block, 18:1's, other goodies...

I too am a fan of Marvel Mystery Oil.Ive used it for many years.I guess I like it in the diesel because it actually looks and feels like it lubricates (it is oily).The regular additives claim to lubricate injectors,but they sure look,feel and smell like solvents to me.Keep in mind Im a cabinetmaker not a chemist,just my observation here.Also,for me the additive is just for longevity of parts,dont need anti-gel or cetane boost.What is cetane,like octane?.....GB
    94 Sub 2500,4x4,6.5<br />51 Chev. 1 ton PU,9\' box<br />66 Toyo L\'cruiser PU,7\' box<br />29 Ford 1 1/2 ton,9\' stakebed<br />66 BSA 441 Victor Special<br />1912 Stover 1 cyl gas engine,6x12,2250 lbs,8hp@ 300 rpms

Cetane is an additive that increases the ignition quality of the fuel. The fuel will ignite easier and burn more quickly so more fuel energy will be used before it gets shoved out the exhaust valve. Cetane therefore will improve cold starting, reduce smoke, and improve fuel economy. I always use an additive with cetane boost. Engine idles better and just runs better overall.