Thread: NO ABS

Does anyone know off-hand if the wheel speed sensors run off of the rotors or the hubs? My ABS has not been working and the light does not come one even with the first ignition cycle. I have checked the fuse and that is as far as I have gotten.
    1995 GMC 2500LD,6.5L TD,Ext cab, SB,4L80E,3.73,Heath Chip, Turbomaster,Hayden fan clutch, 3\" exhaust,K&N filter,Aux Fuel tank, High Idle,Remote Start,Homemade headlight booster,2 inch suspension lift,285/75r16 wrangler at/s. p_holmen@hotmail.com

4x4 uses the hub.
    I think 4x2 might use the rotor.
    1995 Chevy K2500 Ext. cab 6.5L.<br />1993 GMC K1500 Ext. cab 6.5L with Banks Turbo

tom.mcinerney Guest

Phil--do have a Helm manual?
    From manual, both the ABS indicator bulb and the 'Brake' warning lamp should cycle on a couple secs, then off as part of 'bulb check' when turn on ignition.
    After startup, when travel past about 13km/h the ABS electronic module does a self-test; if fail will post codes and possibly turn on lamp.
    The 'Antilock lamp "off"' troubleshooting page suggests check connections esp 10-wire and 2-wire connectors at ABS module ('damaged, corroded, loose'); etc. A blowm fuse in the 'gages' circuit , or an open indicator bulb/circuit won't help...
    "Diagnostic Trouble Codes(DTCs) can be read with a scan tool or by jumping terminal 'H' to terminal 'A' of the data link connector (DLC) and counting the "ANTILOCK" lamp flashes. The terminals must be jumped for a few seconds before the DTC will begin to flash. The "ANTILOCK" lamp displays DTCs in the same manner as the malfunction indicator lamp for the fuel and emissions system."
    Terminal 'A' is top-right{upper/inboard}. Terminal 'H' is one to the right of the bottom left terminal.
    The resistance values for the wheel speed sensors used on four-wheel are given in a chart , they vary with temperature.....At the freezing point of fresh water at sealevel [32/0,F/C] the resistance should measure at least 2400 ohms, and less than 2900 ohms.
    The book notes that while it's good to lube the sensor's oring at install, advise not to lube the bore....
    Instrument Panel ground G200 or Engine Ground G105 are involved. 105 rear psgr head; 200-"Behind LH side of I/P , below fuse block"
    So, what's the ABS code, or did good grounding work?