Thread: Suburban headliner

Can anyone share their experience/solutions to the dreaded falling headliner problem on Subs. Are aftermarket versions available?
    Appreciate your thoughts.
    John, <br />\'85 Suburban<br />\'82 Mercedes 300d<br />\'81 VW truck w/ late turbo diesel

The foam breaks down and separates. Some try to re-glue it. It won
    82 6.2 1/2 ton Energizer Version 359,000 Miles and Counting!
    99 GMC 2500LD 6.0 That wants to be a D-Max when it grows up!

rke1
    Member# 9145
    03 GMC DMax 4x4 cc/sb,Loaded!
    Westin steps, Tekstyle quick hatch tonneau cover,Lund interceptor bug shield,ventshade-ventvisors, Husky-liner mud guards, all painted the same color as the truck (Polo Green), rhinoliner.
    65 vette, 327/4sp, conv. top/ hard top, Hurst competition plus shifter, otherwise all stock, 71,000 original miles.
    88 softail custom, customized. 16inch frontwheel,fatboy front fender,fishtail pipes,chrome goodies.custom seat and P-pad(cut down and narrowed).
    1999 25ft sunline TT

rke1
    I may be to late, but a trim shop should be able to get 60" or 62" headliner material for you. The best glue to use is the same glue the trim shops use for headliners. Two quarts should do the job, depending on how you spray it on. You can use a brush but its messy. The water base glues don't hold up as well. You can pick up a cheap spray gun at aparts store ?. 3M makes a glue in a spray can, part # 809000 (I think thats it) I am not crazy about using it but if your in a bind it will work. Pepboys also sells kits for cars, I dont know if they have them for subs. good luck [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Member# 9145
    03 GMC DMax 4x4 cc/sb,Loaded!
    Westin steps, Tekstyle quick hatch tonneau cover,Lund interceptor bug shield,ventshade-ventvisors, Husky-liner mud guards, all painted the same color as the truck (Polo Green), rhinoliner.
    65 vette, 327/4sp, conv. top/ hard top, Hurst competition plus shifter, otherwise all stock, 71,000 original miles.
    88 softail custom, customized. 16inch frontwheel,fatboy front fender,fishtail pipes,chrome goodies.custom seat and P-pad(cut down and narrowed).
    1999 25ft sunline TT