Thread: Steering pulley Dumb Question.

Red face

Did somebody know what is the rotation of the allen steering pump pulley screw is ?
    Regular or C.clock ? The bracket for the pump is broken and I try to remove it, but before damaging the allen screw better double check, I read the GMC service manual but no indication.

Am I the only one who has no idea of what you are talking about? I thought that all PS pump pulleys were pressed on. Thus, you need the PS pulley puller available at any number of auto stores. I personally got mine at Harbor Freight for 20 bucks and have done dozens of pulleys with it. Just make sure you don't use to to press back on or you will mess up the threads on the inside of the puller piece. I did this and ended up re-tapping it to work again.
    <BR>

catmandoo Guest

i don't know why its a hex hole,kinda weird anyway you do need a special puller and most will come with a little plug you can put on the hole so you don't mess up the threads,some autoparts stores have tools you can rent i know i was out in denver a couple of years ago and needed this puller and went down to i believe advance or auto zone and rented one and when i brought it back they gave me the deposit on the tool back so it didn't cost anything to rent.guess its just a service to get ya to buy parts,works too.

Wink

Thanks for the info, you guys light me up.