Thread: gauge pods???

Question

Does any boddy make gauge pods for the 73 thru 87 chevy trucks and suburbans?

I've been considering making one from fiberglass for my suburban, but haven't had the time to get to it yet. If you find a place that makes them I'd be interested, but I've done a lot of searching and found nothing :-(

Originally posted by mallet2442:
    Does any boddy make gauge pods for the 73 thru 87 chevy trucks and suburbans?

arveetek Guest

As far as I know, nobody makes any for our trucks.

This thread on another board is the closest I've ever come to actually seeing any possibility of there being guage pods. I don't think anything every came of it though.

Casey

Have never seen one for our year of truck, but SunPro makes a universal model that can be trimmed and shaped with a hair dryer. It is a dual pod that accepts 2 or 2-1/15 inch guages. I found this thing a t the JC-WHITNEY web page for $26.99. Might be worth a try.
    1986 Suburban 4x4, 6.2, 700r4<br />Airbox & intake mods<br />32x11.50x15 (no lift)<br />Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags

Similar to the thread above, I also have contacted Lotek in the past and was told the same thing. There is a minimum order and they need to have an example piece of trim to work from. I had a Lotek 2 1/16" triple gauge pod in my S-15, and it was OK. My only complaint was that it didn't have the mounting holes pre-drilled.

I ended up butchering my K5's dash and installing four aftermarket 2 1/16" gauges in the dash bezel. I can't say I'm exactly proud of how it looks, but at least all my gauges work now. Just a thought.
    1983 K5 Blazer, bored 6.2, 4911, 6.5TD heads and injectors, Gear drive, Banks system, Dual t-stats w/ high flow water pump, D60, 14BFF, Rear Disks, 4.10s, 37\" Swampers, Warn M8274-50, Bad paint and almost no interior

Try LMC Truck Parts: www.lmctruck.com
    Danie

1982 Blazer ("Ratau" ROAR OFF THE BIG LION in African Tswana language.) 6.2L N/A, 700R4, 3.08 gears, 33" BF's. DSG timing gears, 12" Donaldson air filter, J intake and dual 2.5" exhaust. The rest stock.

If you look for a gauge pod who go on the dash board try banks, they have a nice one with a base is needed, the top run for around 20 buck if my memory is good, good luck.

Cool

I recently found a website that sells them for our 1982-1992 model trucks for the pillar, 2 pod, 2-1/16" gauges, part number AM17103, priced at $52.95... They have all kinds of restoration parts covering our trucks... Give them a look...

http://classicindustries.com/truck.htm

I believe that is a misprint that part number is an autometer 2-1/16" Triple Gauge Pillar, for Chevy/GM Full Size Truck 95-99
    00' GMC K3500 Crew Cab Dually 6.5 TD
    85' CUCV Blazer Project no motor