Thread: 6.2 ???

On the way back from the dropping a 6.5 block and crank off at the machine shop I ran across another 6.2 that is running this is a red engine from a 82 model half ton. Is it ok to swap my j series intake over on it? What about swapping the later style rocker shafts or just run it the way it is? Thanks

britannic Guest

Your intake will bolt on just fine; definitely fit the new rocker shafts if you can, as insurance against potentially spinning the old style bearings and subsequent rocker shaft failure.

thanks, I've also got the timing set from the 97-8 model 6.5 that cracked the cylinder walls will it work also?

Can someone offer some input on the timing chain issue? Would the one from the 98 engine work on the 82 one. I have just started swapping the rocker shafts out for the later style. Got the j intake out and cleaned up to go on also. thanks

CleviteKid Guest

Arrow

The timimg set from the new 6.5 is not a direct swap because of the reluctor for the electronic injection. If you cannot afford a gear drive right now, a good quality chain set will be about $60, and is money well spent.

Dr. Lee