Thread: Will 6.5 injectors fit 82 6.2 heads???

I ordered a Banks turbo for my 82 6.2 I'm going to send my pump out to be rebuilt to 4911 specs.Will 6.5 injector fit the 82 6.2 heads?I thought I read some where that the 82 heads used a finer thread injector.Also where can I get the Peninsular 110gpm water pump?Thanks for the replies

Nope. 82 injectors are coarse threaded, 6.5's are fine so they won't fit.
    Randy
    2006 GMC 2500HD Duramax Allison Crew

Originally posted by skyviper33:
    Also where can I get the Peninsular 110gpm water pump?
    Is that like asking who's burried in Grant's tomb?
    1996 K1500 6.5, 1984 K5 6.2 Banks both \"Stock\" (tilting hand side-side like Sammy Davis in Cannonball Run)<br /><br />Got Boost?

britannic Guest

Talking

You can get your coarse thread injectors rebuilt to 6.5LTD specs, check with Tim Wagner @ www.cleaninjectors.com.

Go to www.peninsulardiesel.com for the water pump.

britannic - that is good to know (about rebuilding the 6.2 injectors to 6.5 specs). I have a complete (torn down) 1982 6.2 with perfect block and heads that I intend to rebuild to max specs for a future project.
    Randy
    2006 GMC 2500HD Duramax Allison Crew

britannic Guest

www.kennedydiesel.com has Hi-pop/Hi-flow injectors for 6.2L and 6.5L, but it may not be possible to get them in coarse thread.

Although it's certainly possible to increase the pop pressure on a coarse threaded injector, there may still be an issue of getting the requisite fuel flow to match the DB2-4911:

Originally posted by Dieselboy:
    Brittanic:
    I spoke with Tim at Accurate Diesel about rebuilding my 6.2L long style injectors to 6.5TD specs. He was very helpful, and was more interested in making sure I got what I needed than what he could sell me. He said that I would be better finding a set of 6.5 short body injectors and having those rebuilt to 2500 psi since they are an entirely different injector from the 6.2 style.