Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAAAAST Dmax and CTD.

Angry

Well, I was going through town today and turned onto the highway and pulled right behind a ext. cab Dodge CTD. And then I see SMOKE POUR OUT. So I smiled real big and hit the tow / haul to throw it into Stage 4 on the Juice and get up beside him. Big ol 'Banks Power' decal on the door. I smiled... We never got to launch from a light (traffic) but I did run with him up to about 90 mph from a `20 mph rolling start. I was SLOOWLY pulling away from him, but not by much. I REALLY wanted to start off from the line.

BTW for you Texas boys on here... specifically down near Aggie land... It was a red Dodge truck with a 'Texas A&M' sticker on the back glass, with black wheels. Anybody know this truck?
    2001 JUICED GMC 2500HD SLE AlliMax, Longbed, Ext. Cab, 4X4 Summit White, G80 Differential, Husky Liners, Black UWS Toolbox, Black Westin Nerfs, Black Replacement Front and Rear Bumper, Black Bedrail caps, Autopage 2 way LCD Alarm remote start,JL Audio, Hella, Cobra, ProComp Mud Terrains, Tekonsha Prodigy Controller, Fumoto, Rhino Liner, 400 Watt Inverter, Pioneer XM Radio<br />KENNEDY 4\" Exhaust. 100,000 miles on January 31,2003!!<br /><a href=\"http://home.att.net/~markstanco\" target=\"_blank\"><b>PHOTOS UPDATE 11/02</b></a><br /><br />Gutter Pipe is your friend. Leafblower is your enemy.

NutNbutGMC Guest

^..Be glad you guys didn't get up to 100 MPH. His Dodge would have smoked the Duramax. Also, be glad he wasn't in a mini-van. Same results.

Alli-max,

There is a guy on the TDR that post with a description of that truck I believe (Texas A&M)......We'll see if he starts bragging about how he fogged a D-Max , course he (they) won't refer to it as that ....
    More than likely he won't bring his experience there to close for comfort .....

MAC

you crack me up nutin... Everytime I see a minivan running the interstate at 80+, I think of you (and you can remove those sexual undertones RIGHT NOW)

Mackin... you know the name by chance?
    2001 JUICED GMC 2500HD SLE AlliMax, Longbed, Ext. Cab, 4X4 Summit White, G80 Differential, Husky Liners, Black UWS Toolbox, Black Westin Nerfs, Black Replacement Front and Rear Bumper, Black Bedrail caps, Autopage 2 way LCD Alarm remote start,JL Audio, Hella, Cobra, ProComp Mud Terrains, Tekonsha Prodigy Controller, Fumoto, Rhino Liner, 400 Watt Inverter, Pioneer XM Radio<br />KENNEDY 4\" Exhaust. 100,000 miles on January 31,2003!!<br /><a href=\"http://home.att.net/~markstanco\" target=\"_blank\"><b>PHOTOS UPDATE 11/02</b></a><br /><br />Gutter Pipe is your friend. Leafblower is your enemy.

Alli-max,

Not sure I just recall on the TDR there is a guy who cares a In big Block letters a tribute to Texas A&M and I think his truck is arrest me red with a Banks Kit.....When I'm there visiting I'll keep a eye out for him.....Give him a big HOWDEE Texas style......LOL

MAC

Look at http://www.dodge-diesel.org/yabbse/i...;threadid=4679 for an interesting D/A CTD interchange.

Real interesting to say the least......More creative writing .....I ran a Dodge with a comp box on route 91 N, STOCK I was and he couldn't pull away from me .......Ran right on his bumper right to shut down .....My truck is still in one piece, and nothing dripping either.....My truck was 3/4 months old had barely 5k on the clock.....It was discussed with the member on the TDR and he acknowledge to me he had the setting only on three and didn't have his propane on,so HE said,but he was make'in lots of smoke,but I will take his word for it ......So I will chalk it up as BS, no need for the VIN......Swear to it on a stack of Cummins Blocks....... If I was juiced then and he switched up to a higher level surely I wouldn't come up on the short end of the pure acceleration, but short on the rev limiter ......No dripping head gasket or blown Turbo.....So this guy Scottie ought to get some Scottie and wipe up his you know what story......

MAC

Not looking to set up a BRAND WAR situation but just stating what I've experienced......When I've takin my buddy out who owns a 98 D/C for a ride in my D/A it's amazing what reality really is compared to what you read on the net .......

[ 09-08-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Not me Bart, but interesting. I will have to keep up with TDR page myself.

I was out run by a Ford diesel one ton dually yesterday. On a hill at that.

I looked over as they passed. I could read her lips, "yea it`s a diesel"

I had a Gross Combined weight of 15,440#, The Ford had a large 6 maybe 8 horse trailer (5th wheel)

I was going 68 mph (with cruse set) [img]smile.gif[/img] Oh yea! I passed a Vet on the same hill

After seeing all the post about guys claiming to out run others on grades while towing. I thought it was funny when the Ford PSD passed.
    I figured I`d post the whoopin` I took at the hands of a Ford.

By the way, I wasn`t in the race! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Grade was maybe 4%, I was just pokin` along in 5th gear.

If it helps any; I was held up in traffic as we got to the camp grounds. Yep! you guessed it! That same Ford was now going slower then I wanted to go. Maybe he was in limp mode
    2002 Chevy LS 2500HD Duramax/Allison, crew cab, short bed, Forest Green,4x4, Banks 4\" exhaust, Amsoil through out,Amsoil dual bypass and air filter. Torque Pro 2000 by ATS (propane baby)<br /> <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/hdmax\" target=\"_blank\">Mike`s pictures</a>

Talking

What's the VIN number of your losing truck?

The CTD's with Banks aren't the fast trucks, as you will see on the TDR. A lot of guys on the TDR know that the Banks stuff is OK but over priced for what you get. You can improve upon it (HP and price) by shopping around.

FAAAAST=98mph; quick maybe?
    2000 CTD Quad-cab 4x4<p>**I could afford a GMC Black Dog: but knew better

I hear these kind of stories all the time. That, and personal experience, tell me that the new kid on the block for light truck diesel engines (Isuzu) is the latest target for every pumped up ego driving a pumped up Ford or Dodge. Just this morning while on the way into work I pulled up behind an older Ford diesel (? '95), with Banks decals all over it, at a stop light. I saw him looking at my new Averado in his rearview mirror, and as soon as the light turned green he fogged me in the densest cloud of black smoke I have seen in a long long time. The smoke was so thick that I just sat there at the light for a few seconds to let it clear before I started off. It was about three miles until the next series of traffic lights, so I passed him on that open stretch of four lane road, and there was no challenge from him. But sure enough, at the first in the next series of traffic lights I manage to hit it red, and he pulls up right beside me, gawking over at me like he wants to race. I HAD to race him, to stay ahead of "the black cloud", and managed to beat him very easily, without even using full throttle. Well we somehow got stopped at the next two lights as well, and this guy kept trying to race me each time. Geeze guy, give it up, your smokey Ford diesel couldn't keep up the first time, so quit trying over and over again. The environment could have used a break

3TV

[ 09-08-2002: Message edited by: 3TV ]</p>
    <b>\'03 Chevrolet Crew Cab SWB 4x4, Durimax/Allison</b><br />Dynomax 4\" exhaust, & Juiced of course<br />265/75R-16 Cooper Discoverer ATs<p>Raptor 660R; 400EX; Prairie 650; Kodiak 450<p>FS2600 Weekend Warrior toy hauler

What I find interesting about these tales is that there's always bombing involved. The CTD has been on the market for much longer than the Duramax, so naturally it has more aftermarket performance products available. What I want to see is one of these storytellers line up with us stock vs stock. Until the 6.0L PSD comes out, I personally don't see any of 'em beating us in stock configuration. It remains to be seen what the performance of the new PSD will be. Frankly, I hope it's really good, as that will push GM to raise the bar again. I'm pretty happy with the performance of my stock truck, and although performance mods are tempting, I doubt I'll do any in the near future. Come on F*rd and D*dge guys, line your "un-bombed" trucks up for a change!
    2001 Silverado 2500HD D/A<br />Indigo Blue LS/CC/SB<br />Line-X bedliner<br />CIPA electric ext. towing mirrors<br />LeBra low profile tonneau<br />CA 75 series black running boards

Talking

It doesn't matter what really happened, in any story. Even the British have their version of the Revolutionary War.

Alright bluenote.....I live in MI and I'll take you up on it. Stock 2000 CTD; I'll wager that I am faster? It will run 115mph, can you keep up?
    2000 CTD Quad-cab 4x4<p>**I could afford a GMC Black Dog: but knew better

BWAHAHAHA!! He gotcha there Bluenote! Unless you are running 44's or something! hehehehe... good one.

I can see Nutn's steam coming from his ears now...

Breck has nothing on anyone.

A few months ago he was talking trash about the Duramax right here at TDP and I offered him the chance to line 'em up. His resonse was...NO RESPONSE! He didn't seem to want any part of it then. Now, he seems willing to jump right in there. Why now? Could it be that his "stock" CTD isn't really stock anymore and now he feels he might be able to hang with the Duramax? The fact that my Chevy has a speed limiter is the only reason he would have a chance at anything. Off the line, through the
    2001 Silverado 2500HD D/A<br />Indigo Blue LS/CC/SB<br />Line-X bedliner<br />CIPA electric ext. towing mirrors<br />LeBra low profile tonneau<br />CA 75 series black running boards

Kennedy Guest

I ran against a beefed Dodge this weekend in a timed pull up a 6% grade with a 16,200# trailer in tow...

bluenote,

That's the real deal BLUE....... Can we get a "Z" speed rated tire in a "E" weight.........?????? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

For me I'm a zero to 35 guy know I'm as paranoid as they come, I'm racking license points like there is no tomorrow......They'll be talk MACKIN is slooooow but see me in 05......

MAC

Ah don't you worry I'd rather be hoof'in it then be beat ,VALENTINE 1, ya gotta save me,she's on the way........But I'm getting good fuel econo waiting for it.......

JK,

AND ?????????

[ 09-09-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

kennedy said "I ran against a beefed Dodge this weekend in a timed pull up a 6% grade with a 16,200# trailer in tow"

AND........ what happened?
    2001 Chevy 2500HD, LT, ExtCab, 4X4, DMax/Allison, Lt Pewter Metallic/Lt Grey Int. 90 gal aux tank (auxtank.com), Ranch Hand Frontend replacement and Cowboy rear bumper.<br />Jorden Brake Controller<br />2001 32RK Alpenlite