Thread: rear end swap

Craig M Guest

Have a 77 GMC crew cab dually that needs rear end. Prior owner put one in that is to narrow (wheel rub). There are a bunch of "correct" year 4.10's available. Found a unit from a 95 dually with 3.73. This would probably be a better ratio. Question is will the newer year be able to bolt up to the "old" style dually?

Craig, I don't have an answer for you but I think that Bill O'Grady at Vintage Chevy Truck in Fremont, CA would be able to tell you. He runs a 53-91 chevy only dismantling facility and is really knowledgeable about this stuff. Hope this helps.
    1985 GMC Suburban 3/4T 4x4 Sierra Classic<BR> Mods: Banks Turbo, Propane Injection, Real HID Headlights, Milemarker Winch, 2.5 Pro Comp Lift, BFG 33\'s.

Craig
    Anything......I mean anything you need to now abou the 14 bolt rear end can be found at http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...ble/index.html

If it's not there, well then you don't need to know

good luck
    Bill
    02 Silverado LT D/A CC SB Onyx Black<br />85 Scottsdale K10 6.2 NA, NPA-833, NP208 3.42<br />92 Camaro Z28 L98<br />99 Ski-doo MXZ600<br />98 Yamaha WR400F<br />90 Yamaha YZ250WRA<br />85 Yamaha RZ500