Thread: The 2004 Diesel Page Rendezvous

arveetek Guest

Arrow

I wanted to let all of the 6.2L members know that TDP is in the planning stages of the '04 TDP Rendezvous.

If you think you can attend, and I hope that is most, if not all, of you, then hop on down to the Rendezvous forum and let Jim know.

I attended the '01 Rendezvous in Dayton, Ohio, and it was a real blast! Seeing all of those GM diesels in one place is a sight and sound I'll never forget. While I missed the last two get-togethers, I'm trying hard to make sure I can attend this year's fun.

There usually aren't that many 6.2L trucks at the Rendezvous gatherings, mostly just 6.5L and Duramax guys. I encourage all of us 6.2L owners to make a showing!

Casey

Subzilla Guest

I also attended the one on Ohio and it was definitely lots of fun - especially the trip to the Duramax plant. I would encourage everyone to attend. I don't know if can stand the trip to MN or MI, though. 2 days of hard driving each way is a lot of family vacation time! But we'll see.

arveetek Guest

Hey Mark! Did you have your Suburban with you at Dayton? I'm trying to remember if I saw it. There were very few 6.2L's there at the time. Mine, Dr. Lee's, and a few others.

Casey

Casey, and Mark are right. Don't miss out on a "Diesel Page" Rendezvous, its a blast. I've been to all 5 and have made many friends, and my wife wouldn't miss one either. The girls do their thing, shop, talk,shop, talk, etc. The men do their thing as well. But at dinner time everyone gets together to eat, and talk. Always time to look over everyones rig just to see how some modification was done.
    To Mark Chapman: Do you have a brother Doug?
    Hope to see you all at Rendezvous #6
    Tom McCauley (DP Member #513)
    "Tankers-ToyII" Loaded 05 D/A K-3500 CC, SRW. Deep pan on Allison w/Transyn. Edge Juice w/attitude, 4" Kennedy exhaust, 98 Gal. Transfer-Flow cross bed fuel tank, Leer 100XQ bed cap. Reese 14,000lb class V hitch w/ dual cam HP sway control. Tow 34ft. 32FKD Holiday Rambler travel trailer. GCW 20,360lbs

Subzilla Guest

To Casey: My Sub was there, two-tone faded metallic silver top-bottom with dark blue stripe in middle along with a few ventilation holes. I was parked along side my little tent. The Sub didn't make any of the DP Rendezvous article pictures although I was in one of them - proof to my wife I was actually there!! What color is your truck? I did try to get around to check out everybody's 6.2 but probably didn't chat with everybody. I'll try to post a picture of my truck later.

To Tanker: no brother, cousin, son, relative named Doug. But I do remember chating with you in Ohio standing at your front bumper. Nice Sub!

Subzilla Guest

Hey Casey, just checked your community website pictures. I do remember your truck there and I think I even took a picture of it! Nice.

arveetek Guest

Mark,

If you get some pictures, I'm sure I would remember it. I, too, tried to get around to all of the 6.2L powered trucks. The more I think about it, the more trucks I remember being there. I remember a red 1/2 ton 4x4 Banks 6.2L TD 'burb pulling a travel trailer, a blue-ish 3/4 ton 2WD Banks 6.2L TD that Benny and Jamie were working on, of course Benny's bored out 6.2L TD 'burb.... In fact, almost all of the 6.2L's there were turbocharged except mine, yours, Dr. Lee's, and a guy with a converted Blazer. I think Rick's crewcab was n/a as well.

Good times! Hope we can meet up again at this year's Rendezvous! Although this year I plan to have joined the turbodiesel crowd by then! I'm working on my turbo project as we speak, and hope to have it installed this spring.

Casey

arveetek Guest

Oh yeah, my truck didn't make any of the Rendezvous articles either, but a picture of myself did! I'm the guy handing out the vendor prizes.

I think my favorite part of the whole experience, apart from seeing and talking to all the other GM diesel fans and their trucks, was when we toured the AM General plant where they produce the 6.5L. I was one of the first to pull into the lot, and I was standing there as truck after truck after truck pulled into the lot, each and every one of them a GM diesel! I'll never forget that... the sight... the sound... the smell! (mmmmm.... diesel fumes!) I also loved the test stand in the plant where they ran every single 6.5L they produced. It was cool to hear them load down the engines and change the timing on them to get it just right.

The Duramax plant was really cool too. However, the Duramax doesn't affect me like the 6.2L and 6.5L do! I dunno, it's just something about these engines that gets my blood pumping.

Okay, it's obvious I'm in need of some serious help!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Perhaps another DP Rendezvous is just what the doctor ordered!

Casey

Subzilla Guest

I wasn't able to get to Ohio until after the AM General tour - phooey. I heard it was better and more interactive than the Duramax tour. I also share your same sights and sounds addictions concerning 6.2's and 6.5's. My most memorable part of the weekend was when I arrived at the campground, saw all of the participants & trucks with the same common interest, then realized that there were 200 pairs of eyes watching me rumble through to my campsite. Not that my truck was any better than anybody elses but it was just that guy thing of checking out each other's rigs. I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear! Back home, I only get an occasional head-turning. Of course, I then parked and checked out the next round of arriving trucks. I knew then it was going to be fun weekend.

Yes, I was 2 or 3 campsites up from that burb the Avants were tinkering with. I watched and learned for quite awhile (even during the short rain). I even loaned them an Allen wrench to adjust the injector pump fuel metering. I'm sure we passed each other.

Man, I sure hope I can make it this year!