Thread: VW to offer V-10 diesel!!!!

Cool

As seen on the VWvortex site...
    The new Volkswagen SUV/wagon to offer a 5 litre V-10 TDI... 313 bhp !!! 551 lbs torque !!!
    Schwiiinnnggg!!!
    MEMBER #6086
    2001 K2500HD CC D/A Onyx/Tan

Plastic,

Very interestink! They do know diesels. It outa be a great motor, now we'll have to see what a VW suv looks like.

Bob

They've got some pics posted, www.vwvortex.com .
    This is the same platform as the new Porsche SUV (sic). It's more of a station wagon on steriods than an SUV, I think.
    Some serious technology going on at VW these days but they've got some WACK copyright stuff going on too.
    MEMBER #6086

Question

Is the VW diesel V10 coming to the states?
    02 Chev 2500HD D/A 2WD C/C S/B White/Graphite LS/Juice/KD Exh/Gauges/Mag-HyTek Diff Cvr<br />FB2600 Weekend Warrior<br /><a href=\"http://home.earthlink.net/~k-tuttle/\" target=\"_blank\">Various Pics</a><br /><a href=\"http://home.earthlink.net/~oildealer\" target=\"_blank\">Amsoil Products</a>

I read on another forum, a canadian dealer said they had received info on the V-10 suggesting that it would be sold there, but I haven't read anything definate about the states getting them.
    VW offers several different powertrains that we don't get here. Our fuel is so crappy that the diesels have to be re-tuned to run on our sludge, plus demand is low here, so they usually don't bother to offer diesel options .... sad, really.
    MEMBER #6086