Thread: Trans fluid change directions?

Question

I tried to do a search but didn't find anything. I want to do the synthetic change in my trans. I have the Amsoil and filter already but where can a get the deep pan and pickup from? Also does anyone have a link or know somewhere to get directions on how to do this. I read Mac's post about his ordeal but is there a step by step way of doing it? I tried to do a search but didn't find anything. Thanks
    \'02 2500HD CC,SB GREEN LT, LINE-X, K&N<br />Banks exhaust<br />\'97 FLSTF-sold<br />69 Chevelle 525\" 10.5 tire car

mark45678 Guest

the pan and pick-up you will need to go to a medium/heavy duty truck dealer that does allison service and get the parts there! AS for mackins how to directions I for one will skip all the cooler draining and BS that comes with it and just change the fluid more then once! drop the pan change the filter and reinstal the new pan then refill it...call it a day!

My assumption would be you do not need instructions to remove spin on filter? LOL Do not forget to put the CLEAN magnet from the old filter on the new filter..Prime & wet gasket like a motor oil change......The pan is easy re torque pan bolts to 20 FT #'s.......Use old gasket..No need for a new one.......Of course with the deep pan , you need a deep suction screen (filter) It's removed with a gentle straight pull..Watch out for gushing fluid.......Replace with deep suction filter.. INSTALL PAN (DEEP) OLD GASKET ..Drain plug from old pan..Then put on new spin on filter.......Refill ,over fill by about 3 quarts or so........Now the fun part....----------------&gt;

There are two lines on the passenger's side of the transmission up front near the converter; the lower one is the "To Cooler" line and the upper one is the "From Cooler" line. If you disconnect the "From Cooler" line from the transmission you can put it in a bucket and flush to your heart's content.

In case you haven't seen the Jiffy-Tite style connector before: Slide back the plastic cover over the c-clip-shaped spring, then use a small screwdriver to pop the spring out of its groove. KEEP A FINGER ON THE SPRING AS YOU DO THIS, because those springs just love to go flying off into some dark hole where you'll never find it. Once the spring is out, just pull and wiggle on the line until it comes out of the fitting. As soon as you have the line out you can put the spring back into its groove so you don't lose it - the line will snap right back into place when you're done, even with the spring there.Put a short length of 5/8 tubing on the removed line..Clamp it on with a hose clamp......Put it in a PRE-MEASURED bucket or what you can judge the amount of fluid pumped out......Get some help .Start the truck ,let it pump till you have desired amount is removed, shut it off. Remember you will not put the same amount back in ,you over filled te tranny .......Reinstall line ......Re-fill tranny..take your time checking fluid..Add what you need, run it through the gears,back to park check ,add as needed......

Don't hesitate to do...It is messy no doubt....I bought 5 gallons of TRANSYND.........Left me 2 quarts for spare give or take........The original drain on the shallow pan is about 2.5 gallons.......I flushed about 1 1/4 gallons out........

Read my post on the mess and you'll no exactly what not to do, or what to look out for...........Have a "WET" time.........
    MAC

IF you come to CT I'LL help you...CLEAN UP.......LOL
    You're not doing it in my driveway .I got it cleaned up now........

[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Talking

Mackin, thanks for the info. This is next weekends project. Hopefully things will go smooth and I won't end up a red head from the fluid!! Who knows, maybe I'll come up with some new 4 letter word combinations!
    \'02 2500HD CC,SB GREEN LT, LINE-X, K&N<br />Banks exhaust<br />\'97 FLSTF-sold<br />69 Chevelle 525\" 10.5 tire car

mark45678,

AHHHHHH... Come on man ,pull that upper line off.......Pump that dino oil out.........It will all come out in the WASH.....Well most of it..........
    MAC [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    On the FOUR letter Combo's......I used five when I seen the siphoning drain bucket happen......M.F.SOB.......A couple, 2,3 times........

[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>