Thread: Code P0700

Coming home from a trip back east my D max set a ses light but ran fine so we came on home. I drove it 1500 miles to get home and had no problems. When I got home I took it to Auto Zone and it had a P0700 code stored. I cleared it but it set again. I will take it to the dealer next week but would like to know what it is and if any body has had this problem and how was it fixed. Thanks for the help. Gary T.
    Cranky

Arrow

P0700 is the TCM sending a request to the ECM, to light up the SES. The "real" code is stored in the TCM. A Tech II is needed to read the code. The code will return again and again until the TCM is cleared, or a specific number of engine warm-up cycles, as long as the reason the code showed up doesn't reocur.

If you have been using a power adder, slippage may have happened. The need to replace the spin-on tranny filter may also cause a P0700.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Thanks a lot for the reply, the trans filter has 9,000 miles on it so it probley not that but I do have the Banks Otto mine so that may be the problem. Should I pull it off before I take it to the dealer and have them clear the code? Again thanks a lot. Gary T.
    Cranky