Thread: Help exhaust smoking bad

Help within the last couple weeks, my duramx has been spewing out white/blue smoke when stopped and driving, when stopped it can choke you to death.

Looked at a the balancing rates of the injectors one is 4+ and another is 6+ the rest are around -1 to +1.

Any idea what could cause this and would this be covered under the 100,000 mile engine warranty, the 200,000 mile injector warranty and dont the still have to warranty emissions for 7 years 70,000 miles?
    2003 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed

Arrow

You have two issues going on that should be covered under warranty.

I would bring this to the attention of your service writer, explaining that it is primarily an emissions issue, secondarily a performance issue. GM tends to respond favorably to emissions concerns.

The "performance" issue resolves around the balance rates being out of line.

Either way, it's something that needs attention.

Let us know what develops...

MP

Thanks, am trying to find a good dealer in my area that works on the diesels. Not many do in this area. 818 area code, if someone knows a good gmc dealer.

Well, I took my truck in to Rydell GMC in San Fernando CA. Told them the truck was smoking bad at idle. They ended up replacing all 8 fuel injectors, giving me a rental truck all under warranty and no deductible at 65,555 miles. I have no extended warranty either. The emission warranty is the same as the engine in CA which is 5 year 100000 miles.

Thanks for the update
    2002 D/A 4x4 Charcoal Gray Crew Cab. 285\'s and lovin it<br />Predator<br />JK 4\" exhaust installed