Thread: Motul Synthetic Oil

Has anyone heard of Motul synthetic oil? Not to bring the "oil" subject up for debate again but I just bought a VW TDI and one of the disclaimers for the motor oil is that it must meet VW 505-01 specifications otherwise unwarranteed damage may result.

I have been using Delvac-1 in my Duramax but this oil is not VW 505-01 certified. It would be nice to adhere to one oil manufacturer for both vehicles. Does anyone know what this certification entails and if Delvac-1 will ever make this certification?
    Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison LB, Linex bed liner, Amsoil oil, transmission oil and air filter.

I use Motul synthetic brake fluid in my sports car. Supposedly it is the best according to my car club. I don't know anything about their motor oil but I bet it is top quality. Use google and see what you can find out.

Good luck.

They have been around at least 14 years. I was using Motul products in the late 80's and early 90's in motorcycle applications. As 2fast said, their Brake Fluid used to be #1.
    82 6.2 1/2 ton Energizer Version 359,000 Miles and Counting!
    99 GMC 2500LD 6.0 That wants to be a D-Max when it grows up!

I use Motul in my Motorcycle. First rate stuff,Muzzys use it(RIcky Gadson and Chip Ellis) but I have never used it a automotive application. Royal Purple is a some great oil products also. Motul is some awsome stuff I wouldn`t be afraid of using it.
    2002 GMC...Dmax in Black of course..X-cab 4 by 4..<br />Goodmark Cowl Inducton Hood<br />Lund Screen front<br />Stainless nerf Bars<br />aux tank<br />Jardine 4\" Exhaust<br />and some more stuff

mhagie Guest

I just purchased a 04 vw golf TDI 2 days ago and in conversation with service manager he said they use only Mobil 1 in all the TDI's they service, now I haven't looked at a bottle of Mobil 1 but I am curious as to whether one can find the vw 505-1 listed.
    Most all mfgrs say their synthetics will not void warranty but I would be hesitant to put it to the test.

I understand there is a Mobil 1 that is 505.01 listed. It is not Delvac1, however. It is Europe spec oil. I'm not sure if it is even available in the USA.

Oil Specs
    82 6.2 1/2 ton Energizer Version 359,000 Miles and Counting!
    99 GMC 2500LD 6.0 That wants to be a D-Max when it grows up!

ItsMrBill,
    Volkswagon supplies the New Jersey dealers with Castrol Syntec 5w-40. Mobil Delvac 1 is ok to use in your TDI.
    Hope this helps. Tom
    2002 GMC K3500 Crew cab D/A SLT<br />Member# 7985<br />Kennedy headlight booster,Amsoil air filter,Line-X bedliner,Retrax,Alcoa Hot Shot\'s<br />Pulls a Myco triaxle boat trailer-like it\'s not there (11500 lbs.)