Thread: Harmonic Balancer

BUZZ Guest

The burb picked up a vibration, mainly at mid to upper RPM, not so bad when in lockup. Took a good look at the balancer and noticed the rubber was bulging in a few places. Picked one up at local dealer, that sells to me wholesale. $94.00 same as after market price.
    Hope this fixes it.
    Buzz

damork Guest

I installed a new one a while back on my 95, PN 10154688 and paid $67 for it. It's going for about $70 right now at GMPartsdirect or www.teamchev.com.

I chatted with a rep from Fluidampr a few weeks ago at a Summit sponsored car event and he indicated to me that his company had a great interest in the diesel market - except the 6.5TD.

I wouldn't mind a few replacement options.
    1999 K2500 Suburban LT w/3.73 gears
    265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos
    SS oil lines & HB7 cooler
    More to come...

turbovair Guest

Unhappy

Great......

DA BIG ONE Guest

Originally posted by MJEasly:
    I chatted with a rep from Fluidampr a few weeks ago at a Summit sponsored car event and he indicated to me that his company had a great interest in the diesel market - except the 6.5TD.

I wouldn't mind a few replacement options.
    Wonder if a Fluiddampr for a rat motor would work?
    It is the best option, if it can be adapted!

BUZZ Guest

I replaced the dampner yesterday, took about 2 hrs. I am certain that the vibration I was feeling is gone. The feeling was a buzzing in the steering wheel, and thru my foot on the go pedal. Old one was cracked and had bulging rubber in a few places.
    Anyway I feel better.
    Buzz