Thread: Tech II

dmaxmule Guest

I was wondering if there was anyone in the East Tennessee area that had a Tech II that could make some changes for me that did not cost $65 or more to hook it up? Programable door locks is the main thing right now,but possibly other things at a later date??????????

Thanks dmaxmule

Kennedy Guest

Aren't the programmable locks adjustable via the DIC on the dash, or is your truck not so equipped?

poolman12 Guest

Hi
    My D/A is programmable with buttons on steering wheel, which is what i guess is dic that JK
    mentioned.
    Have a good day
    poolman

dmaxmule Guest

I do not have the steering wheel mounted controls. I am beginning to wish that I had ordered them.

dmaxmule

White Truck Guest

If you don't have the steering wheel controls, you can still change the lock and unlock settings yourself. This information is in the owners manual, and is as follows:

Programmable Automatic Door Locks
    Your vehicle may be equipped with an automatic lock/unlock feature which enables you to program your vehicle's power door locks. You can program this feature through the Driver Information Center (DIC), or by the following method. See DIC Vehicle Customization .

Programmable Locking Feature
    Following are the two available programming options:

Mode 1
    All doors lock when the transmission is shifted into gear. This is the mode that is pre-programmed in the factory for your vehicle for automatic transmission vehicles.

Mode 2
    All doors lock when the vehicle speed is greater than 8 mph (13 km/h). This is the mode that is pre-programmed in the factory for manual transmission vehicles.

The following instructions tell you how to change the automatic door lock mode (automatic transmission only). Choose one of the two programming options listed above before entering the program mode. To enter the program mode, do the following:

Begin with the ignition off. Then pull the turn signal/multifunction lever toward you and hold it there while you perform the next step.
    Turn the key to RUN then back to LOCK twice. Then, with the key in LOCK, release the turn signal/multifunction lever. Once you do this, the doors will lock and unlock, the horn will chirp twice, and a 30-second timer will begin. You are now ready to program the automatic door lock feature.
    Press the door lock switch once. You will hear either one or two chimes. The number of chimes tells you which lock mode is currently selected. Continue to press the door lock switch until the number of chimes that you hear matches the number of the mode that you want. If you take longer than 30 seconds, the locks will automatically lock and unlock and the horn will chirp twice to indicate that you have left the program mode. If this occurs, you can repeat the procedure beginning with Step 1 to re-enter the programming mode.
    You can exit the program mode any time by turning the ignition to RUN (the doors will automatically lock and unlock and the horn will chirp twice to indicate that you are leaving the program mode). If the lock/unlock switches are not pressed while in the programming mode, the current automatic settings will not be modified.

Programmable Unlocking Feature
    The following is the list of available programming options:

Mode 1
    Driver's door unlocks when the transmission is shifted into PARK (P), for automatic transmission vehicles only.

Mode 2
    All doors unlock when the transmission is shifted into PARK (P), for automatic transmission vehicles only. This is the mode that is pre-programmed in the factory for your vehicle.

Mode 3
    All doors unlock when the key is removed from the ignition. This is the mode that is pre-programmed in the factory for manual transmission vehicles.

Mode 4
    No automatic door unlock.

The following instructions tell you how to change the automatic door unlock mode (automatic transmission only). Choose one of the four programming options listed above before entering the program mode. To enter the program mode, do the following:

Begin with the ignition off. Then pull the turn signal/multifunction lever toward you and hold it there while you perform the next step.
    Turn the key to RUN and LOCK twice. Then, with the key in LOCK, release the turn signal/multifunction lever. Once you do this, the doors will lock and unlock, the horn will chirp twice, and a 30-second timer will begin. You are now ready to program the automatic door unlock feature.
    Press the door unlock switch once. You will hear one, two, three, or four chimes. The number of chimes tells you which unlock mode is currently selected. Continue to press the door unlock switch until the number of chimes that you hear matches the number of the mode that you want. If you take longer than 30 seconds, the locks will automatically lock and unlock and the horn will chirp twice to indicate that you have left the program mode. If this occurs, you can repeat the procedure beginning with Step 1 to re-enter the programming mode.
    You can exit the program mode any time by turning the ignition to RUN. The doors will automatically lock and unlock and the horn will chirp twice to indicate that you are leaving the program mode. If the lock/unlock switches are not pressed while in the programming mode, the current automatic settings will not be modified.

dmaxmule Guest

This method will not work on a manual transmission. I have done tried it.

I wondering if the wiring for the steering wheel mounted controls is in all the steering collums,but wifh a different steering wheel? If so, maybe I could find the controls somewhere and plug them up just to make the changes.