Thread: Computer problems?

Thumbs down

Has any one had problems out of their guages? I have 2,500 on the Dmax/allison so far. I have checked every tank of fuel against the computer. The blasted thing is WRONG! The truck says 13-15 MPG and I come up with 11 to 12.2 MPG. I always fill'er to the neck.
    --- Here is the topper. Before leaving work I checked my guages and I had 108 miles to empty. The fuel consumed said 22 GAL. Well, I started the truck for warm up and went back into the office. Phone starts ringing, wife calls and 30 minutes later I finaly leave. I move the truck about 1,300 ft get out and shut my gates. When I get back in the fuel light is on. I'm thinking about filling up around the corner, I chose to fill a little closer to the house. Well, the guage said I had 108 miles to empty and I only had 20 miles to get to the house, right? About 10 miles out I switched over to gallons used and it said 23.4. I had no worries...so I thought! About 15 miles out the dang thing "RAN OUT OF FUEL"! I called On-Standby for help... try a 3hour wait! I said forget it and called that GREAT wife of mine. Did I mention that it was 12:30 P.M.? Blonde hair and blue eyes to the rescue. ---- The point is that these new "03'" trucks SUCK! I'd almost trade this one for my old one! This thing is sucking more fuel than my 02'and it is "slower" than my 02'DMAX! I'm just ticked that I "gave" them 10,000 dollars more for a truck that is "slower" and gets about the same, or less, fuel milage!!!!!! I think that my computer must be bad? When GM changed the board, did they go e'l cheepo?

Has anyone had these type of problems? I feel so used...tricked...duoped. I hate to say it.....but, in the last four years I've had four 3/4 ton trucks -- 2000 ext cab 4x4 Chevy 6.0 -- 2001 Ford Powerstroke CC 4x4 -- 2002 Dmax CC 4x4 -- (this one) 2003 Dmax CC 4x4. The really bad thing is that the Ford gave me the least ammont of total problems. If it were not for the "goofy brakes" that almost killed me and the non creature comfort I would have bought a new ford. For me to even think that (shesch), that's bad. I guess that's to attain how utterly pi$$ed off I am with GM right now.

~~~~ Chime in if you computer does not work.

Burner~~~~~
    2003 GMC SLT CC 4x4 SB-Cooper Tires-Speed Liner-Activator II-Full length ICI SS step bars B&W Goose & more to come
    -- Member #7527
    E-Mail -->Twomuchplay(at)AOL(dot)com

Runaway Guest

Smile

My 'puter is right on the money. If it says that I can get 22 gals in, thats what it takes +/- a tenth or so.

Power: The HO/Cummins with and Edge EZ is suppose to be equal in power to a stock DMax, Mine feels the same, maybe alittle stronger.

I have currently shy of 3000 miles on the clock and I am please with the trade I did...