Thread: Interesting MPG Analysis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I was looking at my fuel mileage trend and noticed the MPG and MPH seemed to track. I did a scatter plot and got a 79% correlation between the two, which is very solid considering the number of variables. Temperature, fuel source, with or without extra filter, etc. were all ignored. It basically says to stay at 20 MPG, I need to do 60-65 MPH for the tank. That only happens on trips and I still average just under 25 lifetime with 26K miles.
    02 2500HD LT Dmax/Alli CC 4x4 Lt Pewter, Tan in, Amsoil, transynd, Bilsteins, Amsoil Air Filt, JK 4\" Exht, RollnLock, Rhino Liner, Remote start, alarm, High Idle, SPA DG211, Pred, Mega, Fumoto, Remote oil bypass, XL Tranny cooler, XM, Cell kit

Question

Can you post a link to the scatter chart? Sounds interesting. Did I read your post right? Something about you average just under 25 (MPG?) with 26k miles on the truck. Thats pretty good mileage...
    Dave
    Dave, N9LOV
    Member #242
    Dave's Diesels:
    Sold June, 07 '82 1/2 ton 4X4;340k miles
    '97 2 Dr Tahoe, Intercooled,
    Kennedy ECM, 4" Exhaust
    '02 GMC

I wish I was getting 25 MPG, no I average 25 MPH. My average MPG is around 16 lifetime. My best is 23 and worst is a little under 13 for all non towing. I will see if I can post the plot tonight.
    02 2500HD LT Dmax/Alli CC 4x4 Lt Pewter, Tan in, Amsoil, transynd, Bilsteins, Amsoil Air Filt, JK 4\" Exht, RollnLock, Rhino Liner, Remote start, alarm, High Idle, SPA DG211, Pred, Mega, Fumoto, Remote oil bypass, XL Tranny cooler, XM, Cell kit

At 65 MPH, my tach is indicating 1800 or so rpms which is at the peak torq for the DMAX and should be where the engine is most efficent.
    Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison LB, Linex bed liner, Amsoil oil, transmission oil and air filter.

Here is the graph Hope it shows up okay.
    Chris

[ 07-07-2003, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: chuntag95 ]