Thread: DMAX Charging voltage??

Question

Can some of you guys with volt meters check out your battery voltage AFTER the truck has been running for 20 mins or so?

My batteries seem to be getting weaker lately. I've checked the green dots - both not visible.

I checked the voltage directly across both battery terminals and measured 14.7 V!! That seems a little high for a constant charge voltage. I'm wondering if I'm not slowly cooking off my batteries

I'm just looking for some other numbers off similar trucks to see if my regulator might be off, although I've run both alternators (one at a time) separately and get the same voltage.

Any info would be appreciated...

Thanks
    Bill
    2002 Silverado 2500HD LS DMAX/ZF, CC LB 4x4 Charcoal Grey, Line-X Liner, Back Country Nerf Bars, Century High C, Dual Alts, High Idle Mod with Trilogix CS-423 Remote Starter, Garmin GPS 15H with Skymaster Antenna, Rear Obstacle Sensing System, Autometer EGT/Boost Guages on Pillar, 600W Power Inverter, Unity 6" spotlight, Fumoto Valve with Threaded Cap, Warn Winch on multi-mount with front + rear receiver, And for you HAMS - HF/6M/2M/220/440/GMRS/1200MHz + Scanner with all the antennas to show for it!

Wink

Just right. Later! Lone Eagle
    02 2500 HD EC SB<br />Juice 4.61<br />Post OEM Racor 660<br />Back Country Bars<br />Roll Lock Cover<br />B & W Turnover

That's a fine voltage for charging batteries. Your 12 volt battery is really around 13v and you need a higher potential to get it to charge. 14-15 volts is about right.