Guys, you have to hear this.

I knew when it got broken in better it would get better fuel economy, but this past Sunday I really was amazed.

My mother lives in West Union, WV. I had been visiting her, and was coming home. Two miles from her home, I reset my DIC and thought I'd take my time coming home. It's mostly all 4-lane, but thought I'd put it on cruise @ 55 and see what happened.

There are several big hills. As I topped the hill behind West Union, it was at 16. However, the farther I came the better it got. By Harrisville it had topped 20, and believe it or not under the I-77 underpass in Parkersburg (55 mi) it was setting 24.2!! I went on south on 77 to Ravenswood, and it was at 24.3!!! However, I sat in a Dairy Queen drive-thru for 10 minutes and it fell 2 mpg. I then drove on to Pt Pleasant and after 120 miles total (the last 30 on two-lane) and 10 minutes idling not moving, it was still back up to 23.6!!!

I could not believe that holding it down to 55 made that much difference. I have to tell you that I got some mean glances on the interstate, but to get 6 mpg better that at 70, I can put up with it.

LJ