I didn't see anyone mention this so I will. Its not only your rate of acceleration that counts for fuel mileage, its also your rate of deceleration. I suspect that is where a lot of you are loosing out. With these high compression engines if you just jump off the accelerator you are wasting a lot of energy stored in the velocity of the vehicle. You've spent the $$$ to get it up to speed which is where most of the fuel energy is used. It doesn't take much to hold a steady speed. To keep from loosing more fuel mileage decelerating try just backing off a little until you see the speedometer just start to decend. Try to keep the rate of decent in the area of coasting, where you are not using the engine to drag down the vehicle speed quickly but a just supplying enough fuel to keep it at a rate of slow decent. Your best mileage will be when you accelerate and decelerate at a slow rate and cruse at a steady speed for hours at a time, like out in the middle of nowhere. Remember its the rate of change that makes the difference. Food for thought.