Hello All,

My 2000 6.5 developed a coolant leak some where in the back of the engine on the right side. I took the starter off and lowered the bell housing cover to get a closer look. As near as I can see, there is no residue of coolant between the head and the block. I have felt around and looked for discoloration. It seems to be coming from where the tranny and the engine mate. I cant see for sure, but the coolant leak seems to be coming from in there. I have looked all over with a mirror but cant see anything. A bore scope is the only way to see in there as far as I can tell. This is the only location that it shows up at. After driving for 40 min, there is a cup of 1/4 " to 1/2" of clean coolant, no other colors and the oil is black, no indication of internal leaking. This happens every trip. Once the engine sits for a while, it stops, no more leaking. It is not a constant leak either. I hate to pull the engine if I don't have too. Not to mention thats where it will get expensive. Has any one else had this problem. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!