I just noticed that Chevrolet has a nice trailering link on their site which shows the maximum GCWR and max trailer weights of all their major trucks. To figure max trailer weight you just have to subtract curb weight plus driver. They've done this for you.

http://www.chevrolet.com/trailering/

It shows the 3500HD series to have a 16,500 lb trailering capacity--maximum--with a 3500 Duramax, 3.73 equipped, standard cab dually. By my calculation it should actually be 17,200 assuming a 200 lb driver 23,000 GCWR and 6093 curbweight for the regular cab dually. They also show the correct 26,000 lb GCWR for the Kodiak, but fail to note the max trailer weight on the bar graph for the Kodiak. The Kodiak is the only truck which is missing this. So I had to do a little head scratching. The lightest Kodiak pickup is the 2wd 4500--that should be a known value.

An article on autoblog states the curbweight of the Kodiak is 10,000 lbs where the max curbweight of the most potent 3500 is 6093 lbs. That actually makes the 3500 "rated" to pull 500 lbs more than the Kodiak, or again based on my calculations, about 1407lbs more. Has this been discussed before?