I just sold off my `05 LLY truck that had an Edge EZ controller installed, was absolutely awesome with power, on level 1 it added 1 MPG, on 2 it added 2 MPG, and had too much actual power for what I needed, I never tried level 3. I added this only to increase mileage and help with a little bottom end power with daily driving. It got 18+ on the highway, and was a dually.
So I now have a 2500 LBZ truck, i use this for daily driving and also to tow a 10,000 lb. race car trailer, i am not interested in making the truck a race truck, i have a 1000hp dragster I race, just looking for more MPG and a little more bottom end power when daily driving, as this truck still lacks eventhough its a much bigger engine on paper compared to what I just sold, truck currently gets 13 to 15 in city driving, on a 500 mile trip on the highway driving 60 to 65 it got as high as 17 on the DIC, hand cal. to just under 18.
I have looked around and can not seem to find a "plug-in" unit like the EZ that I had that fits this truck, so I am asking for advice on what is available in a small boost in power and is the best bang for your buck in a performance enhancer. The one thing I did NOT like about the Edge unit I had was when you were towing, if you put your foot into the throttle close to 1/2 way down while accelerating, it would suddenly take off like you hit the NOS button with power, would start pouring out tons of black smoke and seemed to have too much power, I am looking for something much more smoother in the power band and not cause any damage to the engine or trans.
What do you know about different units, how have they worked for you, and whats the cost?, appreciate any help.