Hello all, I did do a search with over-cooling and running too cool first, lol, with no results..
I put a new 506 longblock in my 1993 K2500 in 2014 and went with hi-flow W/P, D/T crossover upgrade and spankin new recore (kept my orig brass tanks ) From day 1 this engine will not go over 60C summer or winter unless it is working... About 3 months after break-in I pulled a fully grossed 8,000LB GVWR trailer up a long 6% grade in Alberta and wow, my clutch fan kicked in for the first time, t-stats opened at abt 90C as they should.(commuting only with truck until then).
Made a 5000km trip pulling 5 ton GVWR 28' cargo trailer with 9600lbs gross on it across Canada shortly after and everything worked as it should and was very impressed for 200-ish hp and my 1st diesel pickup.
Hope ya's are still with me, lol, wanted to give some background on this issue...
I'm sure there are others who have same cooling system set-up, as this site is where I learned of it, and maybe ya'll can throw in your 2c worth if having same issue...If not does anyone know if this is normal for this cooling syst setup, and will there be any long term complications (combustion chamber) from not getting up to operating temp??? Thanks all in advance, and huge thanks to TDP admin, members, and the wealth of info on here!!! I surely would have cooked my Turbo on the 5000km trip without reading up on EGT's and installing pyro!!!