Hi,

I've been having starting issues with my '95 Suburban. Thankfully a while back I bought all four books from this website that relate to the 6.5, and have been following the troubleshooting sections. Looks like the issue may well be with the glow system. On a colder day the rig won't start, but on a hot day, or if it has been plugged in overnight, or once the engine is warm due to having been run earlier that day, it starts OK.

I ran the checks for the 1994+ Glow System as described in the Troubleshooting & Repair Guide book.

Single heavy wire terminal (input) has battery voltage.
Double heavy wire terminal (output) has battery voltage when glow plug lamp is ON.
Then I took the connector off and tested the connections inside it.
Pin A has battery voltage in RUN.
Pin B has battery voltage, almost, when the glow plug light is ON. Battery voltage was about 12.3 V and at the pin it was 11.85 V.
Pin C has a resistance of 16.6 Ohms, whereas the book says it should be 0, so I think that's where the problem is.

1) What should I do to make the resistance at Pin C zero? I'm guessing the ground to that system needs to be cleaned up, is this correct? And if so, can someone tell me where the ground to this system is, or indeed where all the grounds are, and I'll clean them all up.

2) The description and the glow system diagram in the book show that there are two glow plug fuses, one is 10 Amps, one is 20 Amps. I found the 10 Amp one in the fuse box under the hood on the drivers side, it's associated with the glow plug light, but can someone tell me where the 20 Amp fuse is?

Additional information: Before I took the glow plug relay our I checked for DTC codes. None were stored, I was getting 12. Out of curiosity, and to see if the DTC system is working, I checked for codes after removing the glow plug solenoid, and got a few, 29, 49, 57,62, so I guess the system is working OK.

Thanks very much for any help!