97 K2500 6.5td 5spd ~ 107,000 miles. No Mods, Clean air filter, fuel filter less than 3000 miles. First owner did have to replace lift pump. Its the original IP.

My truck would not start this morning. It turned over fast but did not sound like it was even trying to combust at all. No SES light.

I had this problem twice before but it finally started but not this morning.

Last time I checked and fuel came out top of filter. So I am pretty sure the lift pump is working. I'll check again. I used a little starting fluid (a conditioner with no ether or alcohol) and it tried to crank a little but wouldn't. It acts like its not getting any fuel. I sprayed the intake and ran around jumped in and waited for wait... light to go out and cranked.

The glow relays clicked on and off under hood and no check engine light. Truck normally runs fine and starts easily. I could feel a little warmth on the exhaust manifold just from the starter turning over and over trying to start so I think its warm enough just no fuel. It wasn't that cool this morning I think it would have tried to crank even with no glow plugs this morning as long as I was on the starter ?? Opinions on that ?

I have read other related posts about some kind of ignition switch not powering appropriate circuits (not the key switch - another mechanism). Anyone know anything specific on that. I did not have time to crack an injector line to see If there was fuel. I assume I can just crack loose the line and try to crank then check for fuel leak. Is it as easy as that? Do I need someone to keep cranking the engine and tighten back the line or can one person do it. Any good way to prevent damage to the fuel line or injector? Will an open end wrench work ok or do I really need the flare nut style? Is it metric or inch?

Other than some "ignition switch" what could it be? I do not have any of the other stumbling, rough running or other "ECM" type troubles. Or did mine just up and die? The truck ran fine last night no recent problems.

I read that this ignition switch will reset after 10 min. Is that with the key on run? I waited 10 min with key out and tried again but no change.