Yesterday was the second time a tech at my dealer didn't know how many quarts of oil to put in my truck. Just happened to need fuel after changing oil. (About 15 miles from dealer) So, out of habit checked oil while pumping.
Not very happy when I didn't see oil on the dipstick
Realizing its kind of hard to see oil on this dipstick I tried again maybe 3 times, still no oil. Place I'm at doesn't sell any 15-40 or anything CH or CG rated. So, I'm looking at reciept from oil change, says right on it 8 quarts. Now, at least I know it didn't leak out. Figuring I'm only 2 quarts low I'll drive to next store up the road, no oil there either, on to next one, they have it, find somewhat level ground, took 1.5 quarts to low mark. Today I'll check again on level ground, probably gonna need that another half a quart.
The only thing stopping from shoving 2 empty oil bottles up this tech's $*@ is that I still have 3 free oil changes coming (already had 3). Generally service is good here, service manager is pretty reasonable, easy to get along with. Unfortunatly, I got the "first available" guy changing my oil, probably just got done washing cars!
So... everyone beware! The guy changing your oil might not have a clue what he's doing.
Oh yeah, when I gave him my oil sample bottle, he looked at me like I wanted a stool sample, never heard of oil testing.
There, just needed to vent. Can't wait to change oil myself.
Hey, if anyting ever goes wrong w/ this motor, I have a receipt showing they only put 8 quarts in it at 5,661 miles!