Thread: Doug Nash Enterprises?

Default Doug Nash Enterprises?

Hi all
    A couple of days ago i located a auxillary trans that was bolted to a GM 4 speed that used to reside behind a 6.2.The owner dosn't want too much for it,but it wouln't fit in my truck with out different adapters.It was made by Doug Nash Ent?
    Has anyone ever seen one of these?
    Does anyone know where a person can get parts or adapters?
    Thanks Thomas
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews

Default The other 3 = 6

Thomas,

The Doug Nash Aux transmission is still in production. U. S. Gear of Chicago is now the owner and producer. They call it Dual Range. I've got one sitting in my garage right now. They produce both a overdrive and an underdrive(but not both together).

http://www.usgear.com/

US Gear has 2 aux trannies. The other one is called V2OD. This one is aimed at the hot rodders.

I've even got both installation manuals.

They have a great number of addapters available. The front of the unit is machined to duplicate the face of a GM style transfer case - 6 bolt holes.

The key to US Gear providing parts is the serial number. Anything greater than 20,000 they support. Serial number is marked clearly on the case. Near the bottom if installed, I think.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance

HammerWerf
    1999 k2500 Suburban Pyro, Tranny Temp, Boost, K&N Air Filter, +3.5 qt tranny pan. 190000 miles
    1984 C20 249k miles DSG gear, SM-465, 3.73
    1983 C30 CC dualie. 308K miles on Chassis, TH400, 4-45 A/C Looking for a TurboCharger

Thanks Hammer
    I got two numbers off of it one is 7180081 and the other is T960T0,I imagine the one with the letters is a model number.
    I will call and see if i can get some adapters to fit my aplication.
    And thanks for the PM.
    Thomas
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews