Originally posted by Am General:
I've been having stalling issues as of late as well. It seems unaffected by weather (hot, cold, wet, dry etc.) and only occurs for the first 15 or so minutes after startup (cold, or hot, but only after sitting for a while when still hot) It has never stalled or even stuttered after it's been running for a while.
Adam
My truck was doing the same thing. I could start it up cold, then drive all day long without shutting it off, and it would never stall. However, after it had been shut off for an hour or so, it would stall two or three times in the first mile, and then be fine from then on out. My lift pump wasn't working due to a failed OPS (oil pressure switch). I got the pump running, but it didn't solve the stalling. I replaced the FSD and mounted in on an FSD cooler that I purchased from Kennedy Diesel, and it seems to have cured the stalling.

I believe the reason it was stalling after sitting for a while was due to heat from the engine soaking into the FSD and shorting it out. After driving a little while, it would cool back down some.

Casey