Thread: what to look for/offer

Default what to look for/offer

I am about to purchase a 1984 Diesel Suburban 4x4.

It has 108,000 miles
    it has been in storage for about 5 years.

reight before storage the injection pump was rebuilt, water pump and radiator were replaced. and Ac compressor. Paint is pretty good. only 2 small rust spots. The rear springs have airbag helper springs installed and plumbed to the license plate

AC need charging. Tires are bald and rotting. windshield is cracked. dash lights dont work. no rear air, no 3rd row seat. Brake light is on. Master sylinder is leaking lightly.steering feels pretty loose to me (3" of play)

Also there is a big crack above the rear left fender. The owner says that his g-daughter hit something and the previous owner bondo'd it. He says he didnt know till it cracked.

It starts fast from cold and seems to run pretty well, even on 4 year old gas.

should i buy this one?

what should i offer.

Also the axles seem pretty light duty to me. They are not the 8 lug. I was hoping for a 14 bolt rear, but i think it is a 12.

it's going to cost you at least a g-note, maybe more to pass a safty. to me and i do most of my own work, i would offer $500- $650 maybe. thats only because it started and ran.