Quote Originally Posted by trbankii View Post
I agree with AKMark - there is a wealth of information on this board with broader, deeper, and more accurate information than you will find on Wikipedia.

On your question about "new" 6.2 blocks - the last ones GM installed were in the '93 models, so it is getting pretty long in the tooth. Others would know much more than me, but there really wouldn't be much advantage to trying to build a "new" 6.2. You could do a NA 6.5 build if you don't want to mess with the turbo either due to added complexity or increased size. There are a couple NA blocks swapped into cars posted here on the conversion forum that you could take a look at.
Quote Originally Posted by HH View Post
It would be the Isuzu Pup, same diesel engine as the S10. It would have been the previous generation to your truck. $3000 seems real high for a used 6.2, should be able to buy a whole used truck for that price.
Quote Originally Posted by steponmebbbboom View Post
put down the phone and start typing, im about to make this all easier for you.

www.car-part.com

type in make and model, and the part you want.

using this service, i found you a 1.6 jetta diesel for $1100 at eskimo auto parts in edmonton, pulled, sitting on the shelf.

could not find the diesel engine option for either the hombre or the s10. if someone has a specific year to suggest, post it here and we can try again.

the 6.2 should be easy to find on there.
Missed your guys posts again.

@trbankii: this was some aftermarket company selling redesigned 6.5L long blocks, and have "fixed the issues with the original engine".

@hh: I know, $3000 was a bit expensive... and no trans, and he couldn't tell me the mileage...

@steponme:Thanks! that site is easier to use than the phone. I had found a complete 6.2 minus trans with 160,000 on it for $1100 on a different site, but I don't have that kinda money right now, if I did, I'd be all over it.