Thread: My Jeep ZJ hitting the mud pit

Default My Jeep ZJ hitting the mud pit

It's not diesel related, but it's still a cool pic.

A professional photographer snapped a pic of me hitting the mud pit in my Jeep at a local off-road park this past weekend:

http://server1.successhosting.net/~m...gid=63&pid=365

Now I've just got to get it all cleaned up!

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter

Cool pic. Looks like a lot of fun.
    1998 K1500 Silverado Ext Cab SB 6.5TD L56 4L80E 342 locking rear - 60k miles
    Modifications: Ported and ceramic coated exhaust manifolds, worked GM-8 turbo, L65 upper and lower intake, marine injectors, boost, EGT, and Trans Temp gauges, SSDiesel air intake, Hearthrob/SSDiesel stainless 3in down pipe, 4in exhaust, and 2.25 crossover.
    Planned: Remapped ECU, intercooler, turbomaster, fluidamper, fan/clutch upgrade, upgraded oil cooler and lines, and lift.

You'll be finding that mud in places you never expected, for the life of the truck... Like in the recesses of the bumper and wheel wells, and under the batteries when you replace them, etc, etc...

My first offroad truck was a shiny new 1983 S10 4WD. Very light and nimble, I learned to eventually go anywhere there were tracks from a previous adventurer, and this was in Arizona. Nearly wore a hole in the factory skidplates sliding that truck up and down mountain roads made by Caterpillars to put up high tension electrical towers out across the desert. We'd strap a come-along to the front hooks and pull it up the stuff the truck wouldn't climb. I used to have a picture somewhere with it off the ground, and about 2' of air under all four wheels...may it rest in peices...the truck was fairly well thrashed when I sold it at 80K to a stripper from the Alaskan Bush Company... Another story for another day...
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K