Thread: toasted 03

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbler View Post
    Excuse me, did you say they want $5k to just to install the engine you supply?
    Is someone planning on taking a whole week to do it????
    I think it's time to tow your truck somewhere else! Fast!
    I'm with Duramaster, I think you have a case for GM to cover the engine as consequential damage caused by injector failure.

Now you better get your story strait.
    I've dealt with a few district and regional service managers and most of them are looking for any reason to deny a major claim.
    If you tell them for example "Ya it was smokin real bad for a few weeks but I drove it anyway and even when it started knockin real bad I just put the pedal down and drove it till it quit" They can claim neglect or abuse and say "If you had it towed in at the first sign of the smoke we would have replaced the injectors under the extended policy and the engine would be fine" DENIED!
    Be very careful what you say.

Hope it all works out for you
    Ummm...apparently the truck had been driven too long with the known injector leaking and truck smoking problem. Period. When the truck starts smoking badly, or develops any fuel knock, its imperitive to quickly get it off the road, or accept the risk of continuing to operate it.

That being said, I believe that the strongest (legitimate) complaint here is the second set of warranty injectors has failed at only 30K miles, and the truck has been down TWICE for injectors, since new.

Bang that drum, my friend.

My .02 worth.
    Last edited by Mark Rinker; 02-26-2009 at 07:34.
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K