Thanks for your replies, I have made the decision to go with the 4L85e, I can get a new one from Peninsular Diesel.I have sourced a stand alone controller, and the gearbox will fit in the transmission tunnel. I have a mate here in Australia who has a Land Rover shop, and he has given me an old auto box out of a Discovery, this has the adaptor to fit my LT230 transfer case, so all I have to do is make the other side fit the 4L85. I have found the 6.2 a bit light on towing our 3 Tonne van ( we are 6 tonne all up) I am getting about 16 mile to the gallon. I don,t have much up the sleeve though. My son-in-law has just fitted a new power project engine in his 80 series Land Cruiser. We brought a full 2010 6.5 in from Peninsular. What a rocket, it is so fast and has so much pickup, that it feels like a jet. I have just paid for my engine at Peninsular and am looking forward to getting the 6.5 TD in front of the auto box in the Land Rover.Peninsular are great to deal with. Will keep you informed.

Andy A - Australia