Thread: Brake light and rear turn signals do not work

Default Brake light and rear turn signals do not work

I have a 2000 K3500 with brake light and blinker issues. The brake lights did not work, but the 3rd brake light did. The turn signals worked. The hazards worked. I replaced the relay under the hood and the flasher relay. Same problem. I took off the blinker switch assembly and found 3 places where the plastic had melted on the gray connector (large white wire, smaller light blue, smaller light brown). I replaced the turn signal switch. Now I do not have brake lights OR turn signals. Third brake light and hazards still work. Any suggestions other than a flare in the fuel tank (my wife NO to that idea).
    2000 GMC K3500, Stock 6.5l TD, 89,000 miles, 5-Speed, 4.10 rear end, bumper mounted PMD, tires are slightly over-sized

Default Update - Blinkers are back

I do not know what I did, but my blinkers are back. Still no brake lights except 3rd one.
    Last edited by JADennis; 06-09-2011 at 16:40. Reason: added more detail
    2000 GMC K3500, Stock 6.5l TD, 89,000 miles, 5-Speed, 4.10 rear end, bumper mounted PMD, tires are slightly over-sized

Default Still no brake lights

Just finished replacing the stop light switch on the brake pedal. The brake still do not work but the blinkers, hazards, and 3rd brake light do work. Any suggestions?