They closed that shop just before I retired end of November 2013. Left San Jose June 28 2014 just before 183 days into the year so we wouldn't owe taxes for the entire year. Registered in Nevada dr. license, vehicles, and to vote to be sure CA couldn't claim us. Stayed in Nevada a couple months then wandered across to Tennessee and bought a house. After years in a 36ft fifth wheel it sure feels good. And a lot better prices here than CA. Oh and we have water here too.

When I bought my fiver it was in Los Banos. Picked it up at the Automate factory after they tuned it up for us. I had a 94 K2500 with 5 speed then. It was a chore but pulled Pacheco in 3rd gear. Paced with two semis, got passed by two, and passed two going up the hill.

What a difference it is with my K3500 Duramax and Allison though. Duramax is much more of a work horse. Still have to watch boost and pyro gages and ease up when the temps go up. On the open interstate I can usually find a semi running about my pace and fall in behind and draft a little. Just watch boost gage drop and you know when you have caught the sweet spot.

From Nevada we stopped in southern Utah to visit Zion and North Rim. Then down to Flagstaff. There are some long steep grades that way. Longer than 395 out of Bishop. But again, watch the gages and remember I'm retired and don't have to be in a hurry.

Back to your rig. Can you add an auxiliary radiator and fan any where under it? Or an extra oil cooler some where? I'm sure its still a work in progress so time will heal every thing.

Good luck with it and keep us posted.