CRAZY Update: fixed.

I have been picking away at this thing on warmer days,. I reasoned i had a problem with crank position sensor wiring,. I knew i had steady 5v and good ground, so unplugged the signal wire pin at the connector by the thermostat and ran it direct to ecm. Cleared codes,... bupkiss. As soon as it hit 175f back to barely idle clouds of smoke with quick bursts of timing and rpm jump to 900 for half a second. So feeling homicidal and suicidal at the same time, i searched the interwebs again and found a guy had had the identical troubles, all taking place about 3 weeks after a new pmd and resistor was installed. His fuel injection pump guy told him to use his old resistor and it cured the problem. My pmd is on the inner fender on a heat sink, and i've been carrying my pickup pmd next to it, i plugged in pkup pmd, i had already cleared codes, so i initiated koko, then fired it. Well holy faaa* !! It idled smooth, drove fine, i ran some errands today multiple starts ( after 1 turn mebbe!!) no codes! runs like a champ and cruise works now,. I'm so happy i could just,...... well anyway.
So a bad resistor? Pmd?
What is the significance of 175f? Is it from closed to open loop? Is it running on fixed tables till 175? then it verifies resistor value?
How many koko's will the ecm revert to its last known value for a resistor before it needs verification?
Questions i wish i could read up on