Thread: 03 LB7 with some issues

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sorry, allow me to clarify. When I first purchased the truck, I fired it up and received no warning messages. When I attempted to put it in gear, I got the "Shift Range Inhibited" error and none of the lights on the 4x4 selector switch were illuminated. After further investigation, I saw that the TREC fuse was blown, so I replaced that, and the only light illuminated on the switch was the "N" - attempting to push any other buttons resulted in nothing. At this point, I received both the "Service 4wd" and "Shift Range Inhibited". My gut tells me that the shift range is an issue because the transfer case is stuck in neutral, but I could be wrong.

I have ordered another 4x4 switch and another transfer case motor just because they were "cheap" in the grand scheme of things, they'll be here tomorrow.

I also got the batteries replaced under warranty as they both had dead cells, but I have not installed those yet.

The truck lived life as a plow truck and from what I gather there are also some wiring gremlins with the interior, so I did clean all the grounds and checked ALL the fuses to see if there was anything else suspect and nothing popped out at me.

I'll crawl underneath and check the wiring when I have a moment to do so.

For now, I'll put the new batteries in, then report back, then replace the switch, then the motor and see which, if any, does the trick.
    Last edited by jkjk; 07-16-2020 at 10:22.