Thread: Chevy Cruze

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow Chevy Cruze

Chevy Cruze
    GM Re-enters the Light-Duty Diesel Market

Why now? We here at The Diesel Page have pushed GM to include a line of light-duty diesels for more than a decade. In 2001, GM, Ford and Dodge all had working designs in the pipeline for a fuel efficient common-rail diesel intended for the light-duty market. One by one, all of these light-duty diesels fell by the wayside. So why, after a dozen years of ignoring the clamor, is GM finally offering the Cruze diesel? Go here to learn more about the new Chevy Cruze.
    Last edited by More Power; 11-25-2013 at 12:24.

Arrow

I'm optimistic. I better be, I ordered one. Should be here in 3-4 weeks.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Arrow

I think you're right to be optimistic.

Light-duty automotive clean diesel is the way to the future here in North America if the EPA CAFE mandates remain as they are now. Be sure to let us know about your experience. Jim

I have 600 miles so for on my 2014 Cruze 2.0 and I am very satisfied so far. The power and handling have really amazed me. I am pleasantly surprised that my MPG has been 51 so far.
    Jeff Schmelzer
    2011 2500HD
    CC,LB,LTZ

2014 Cruze 2.0TD

Arrow

Thanks for the report, GL. Yesterday was the "first" delivery day for ours, but it appears the weather slowed it a bit. Looking at Monday-Wednesday, now.

I'm still optimistic. Several test drives were impressive. The more I read and study on it, the more I like it. It appears most of the "complaints" are a lack of a manual transmission option, and the usual stuff from the Prius crowd.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

After driving mine, I really like the 6 speed auto. You can shift it manually if wanted. You will be really amazed by how smooth and positive it shifts.
    Jeff Schmelzer
    2011 2500HD
    CC,LB,LTZ

2014 Cruze 2.0TD