Thread: Anyone interested an a Colorado/Canyon forum ?

Default Anyone interested an a Colorado/Canyon forum ?

Just wondering if the Diesel page would consider adding that here on the Page ?
    Maybe even share it the Chevy Cruze forum like Chevy Cruze and Baby Duramax trucks
    Because there is so much expertise here and it is the best Forum on GM diesels that there is.
    And there are a lot of experienced members here that may even be working on and servicing these vehicles at their Dealerships.
    A lot of people that own the Colorado and Canyon Diesels also own 2500 and 3500 Duramax's. It might bring some new members in also.
    How about it administrators ? Any chance ?
    Thanks Wild Bill

Good idea, I think. If Jim agrees, we'll get right on that. Honestly though, I hope your new truck is as boring as the Cruze Diesel I had was. Boring, as in, I didn't have to fix anything, so not really much to discuss. I see them all over the place, but don't hear much about them. Good for owners and GM (credibility), but not so much for the shops and wrench-heads.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Thanks, I hope it is boring also in that respect. We really love this truck, the mpg's are out of this world and it handles well. Haven't towed with it yet but they say it's a little beast.
    I really appreciate you guy's looking into this.
    I think it could have a following here on the D. P.
    What kind of mpg does the Cruze get ? Thanks again Wild Bill

Quote Originally Posted by cowboywildbill View Post
    ......What kind of mpg does the Cruze get ?
    EPA was 28/46. We got 32/50+. Mixed hwy, city, and mountain averaged 40-45, depending on the season. We had it 3 years and 55K miles, and zero disappointments.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Thumbs up

Great mpg. We don't get that good but we are seeing an honest 26.4 average very little hwy mostly city type traffic and lights. I don't idle while sitting in the car waiting for the wife to shop and such. So that would drop it some if I did keep it running for the A/C. We easily get a tad over 31 mpg on the hwy, but there is still lots of traffic there and it's hard to keep a constant 70 mph and then we have to slow down to 25 to go thru the pass lanes on our toll roads. We are very happy so far and have put 1200+ miles on it in a month.

Arrow

Just wondering if the Diesel page would consider adding that here on the Page ?
    Maybe even share it the Chevy Cruze forum like Chevy Cruze and Baby Duramax trucks
    Because there is so much expertise here and it is the best Forum on GM diesels that there is.
    And there are a lot of experienced members here that may even be working on and servicing these vehicles at their Dealerships.
    A lot of people that own the Colorado and Canyon Diesels also own 2500 and 3500 Duramax's. It might bring some new members in also.
    How about it administrators ? Any chance ?
    Thanks Wild Bill
    Great idea! Got any ideas for who would become the moderator for that forum?...

Maybe ? What does that involve ?

Arrow

Maybe ? What does that involve ?
    Giving the kids wedgies when they act up... Or, hand their father/mother a beer when they say something cool...

Or.. post lotsa pics about your Colorado. Bring in specs and tech discussion. Talk about getting the most out of it. Maybe GM will give you a new truck... Well.. we can hope.... (hasn't happened yet...) Anyway, hope more owners add to the story and a community of Colorado owners blossoms...

Thumbs up

I'll post some pictures, but the ones I have are too large to upload. I will retake some with my camera settings on a lower file size "quality" and then maybe I can get them to upload.
    I think a Colorado forum would spark a lot of interest .
    I'm sure if y'all start the forum, someone will step up to be the Moderator of it.

I goofed when I posted the mileage on our truck, we have actually put 2,200 miles on it in the month we have owned it.
    Wow I don't want to put over a 100,000 on it before we get it paid off. LOL
    But it is our only vehicle now so we have to use it for everything. Maybe we will buy a beater to run around in in a few months.

Bill,
    Don't bother to retake photos just to get smaller files. There are very simple ways to make your original files smaller.
    I can talk to you about it if you'd like.
    With all of that said, I've had no luck over the years in adding any photos here. I can't say that I've spent a great deal of time figuring it out, but I have tried!
    Dave
    Dave, N9LOV
    Member #242
    Dave's Diesels:
    Sold June, 07 '82 1/2 ton 4X4;340k miles
    '97 2 Dr Tahoe, Intercooled,
    Kennedy ECM, 4" Exhaust
    '02 GMC

I’m not sure how apt I may be to get a Colorado/Canyon, but I think it would be a welcome addition to the forums as part of the GM diesel family - it has my vote.
    '94 GMC 6.5TD K1500 4L80E 2-Door Yukon SLE 221K
    '93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500HD NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 187K
    '85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
    Diesel Page Member #2423

We fell in love with this little "Big Truck" If you drive one you might have to take it home. LOL.
    Glad you would be interested in a forum for these trucks. Thanks

Interested? Heck, yes, Bill! Great thought.
    2008 Jaco Seneca 35' motor home (Kodiak 5500 chassis). Pulling 18' Wells Cargo enclosed trailer, with 2016 Miata in it.

Talking

Thanks Dick, if you guy's have any or hear about any experiences friends have had with these "Baby Dmax's"
    please post it. I hope we can make it an interesting forum. And hopefully not to many post of Colorado/Canyon issues. So far they seem to be pretty trouble free and reliable.
    I hope the trucks stay that way, but as these trucks rack up miles and age, I'm sure we will see the typical issues like injectors , glow plugs and such.
    I'm hoping we can pick some of the GM Tech's brains on their thoughts and experiences working on these trucks.
    "Gee I wonder if someone like Kennedy has worked on one yet, and if so is it turning 10's in the quarter mile or making 500 hp ? LOL

Talking

Still going strong pushing 20,000 miles.
    Only glitch we've had was one day when I drove it, the information center in the middle of the cluster was blank.
    After I stopped and ran into the store it was on again and working as before.
    I have driven it a few times since and haven't had the issue show up anymore. ????
    Still getting great great fuel mileage.