Thread: Supply Line to Filter will NOT Quick Disconnect

Default Supply Line to Filter will NOT Quick Disconnect

I am asking for suggestions on how to free up the 1/2" quick disconnect fuel supply line to filter. It is stuck. Could it be a seal(s) and if so might lubrication such as WD-40 help? The return line disconnected correctly. It had sliding movement. I am using a "disconnect" tool from Lisle. Thanks in advance.

+++ 2003 GMC 2500 HD Duramax 175K Stock +++

1. Instrument cluster replaced with GM and then rebuilt by Module Master after the GM replacement failed.
    2. Lower body corrosion fixed; bed liner applied on skirt.
    3. Light "white" smoke during idle presumably unburned fuel. No increase in oil level obvious.

Overall a reliable truck. Good starter cold or hot. 18-mpg overall (75% Highway) lightly loaded. The injectors are the only disappointment. I hope to replace and have talked to Kennedy. I continue to be preplexed by the LB7 injector design / failure and the supposed filtration issues.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by lars1 View Post
    I am asking for suggestions on how to free up the 1/2" quick disconnect fuel supply line to filter. It is stuck...
    Is this fuel supply line quick-disconnect sorta near/beneath the brake booster?

Quote Originally Posted by lars1 View Post
    I am asking for suggestions on how to free up the 1/2" quick disconnect fuel supply line to filter. It is stuck. Could it be a seal(s) and if so might lubrication such as WD-40 help? The return line disconnected correctly. It had sliding movement. I am using a "disconnect" tool from Lisle. Thanks in advance.

+++ 2003 GMC 2500 HD Duramax 175K Stock +++

1. Instrument cluster replaced with GM and then rebuilt by Module Master after the GM replacement failed.
    2. Lower body corrosion fixed; bed liner applied on skirt.
    3. Light "white" smoke during idle presumably unburned fuel. No increase in oil level obvious.

Overall a reliable truck. Good starter cold or hot. 18-mpg overall (75% Highway) lightly loaded. The injectors are the only disappointment. I hope to replace and have talked to Kennedy. I continue to be preplexed by the LB7 injector design / failure and the supposed filtration issues.
    Probably best to send a picture. There is no quick connect at the filter. Only at the LH side of engine near booster, under truck by fuel cooler, and at the tank sender itself.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!