Thread: Service air bag notice..

Default Service air bag notice..

What’s up with this?? It’s in my dash..
    06 1ton 4X4 duramax/6speed ext.cab WT
    Hummer wheels :^)
    dual lift pump
    Banks air intake

Usually a poor connection, somewhere, but check the fuses first. If it isn't that simple, pull the BCM codes and it will tell you which circuit. If you driven off road (or on a really bad road), debris can dislodge a sensor on the frame. They're fairly well protected, but I've pulled twigs and rocks from stranger places. All the SRS connectors and components are yellow, or significantly yellow.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Several years ago, I was getting the "Service Air Bag" message and the steering wheel control buttons for the Radio also weren't working. Replacing the steering wheel "Clock Spring" wire harness resolved the issue. My understanding is that SIR (Sudden Impact Restraint) system diagnostic checks connections to the Air Bags one of which is in the steering wheel.
    Bill
    03 2500HD D/A CC/SB/4WD,OilGuard, MegaFilter,LiftPump/PreFilter, Bilsteins,RetraxRollTop,J&J Boards,Coolant Filter,AlliDeepPan,FastIdle,AllHeadLightsOn,
    98 K3500 6.5,SOLD

Spongebob, did you find a resolution to the issue? Oddly enough, my DIC started telling me to service airbag system last week...

I cleared the code, and never got around to finding out which sensor it was..code hasn’t resurfaced.....yet
    06 1ton 4X4 duramax/6speed ext.cab WT
    Hummer wheels :^)
    dual lift pump
    Banks air intake

I pulled the code that pointed me to a front sensor error. Cleared it and it came right back. Removing the sensor (pull the splash guard and it is mounted on the bottom of the radiator) showed plenty of corrosion in the mounting hole, so I replaced the sensor ($150 for the Dorman version, $250 for the GM). Plugged it in, good to go.