I am running the Hypertech on my LBZ. I got it after my Chevy dealer told me to get one. I drive it easy for the best gas milage also. The very best I have gotten is 16.5. I am going to a larger exhaust mainly for towing reasons, (the speed shop says it will lower my turbo temp's) but I hope I get some gas mileage out of it also.

My Hypertech has three programs; performance, performance tow, and safe tow. I generally keep it in safe tow because of the trailer I tow, a 30' toy hauler, about 8,000 loaded. I did notice better pulling power right away, but the truck didn't need the extra power. I was hoping for better gas milage, but don't see it. I don't really expect a whole lot of gas mileage towing, but I would like better when I'm not towing.

Can anyone who is familiar with the Hypertech programer tell me if I would get better gas mileage in the performance mode. I haven't run it in that because I'm afraid it runs the motor too close to it limits. I bought the truck planning on keeping it for a very long time and don't want to damage it. I have tried the performance tow ( book says this is for towing items less than 6000 lbs), but didn't see a difference. The trans shifted at different points but the torque and power felt the same.

Any replys would be greatly appreciated.

Larry.