Thread: ??? for Tomac

Hey Tomac hope the tranny and the new power is working out. I've got 2 questions for you.

#1 When you get down near the end of your pull, do your front tires start spinning, once the weight comes on, or do you ease off the trottle alittle to prevent the wheel spin? I've watched some of your video and it doesn't seem that they are spinning like mine do. Also watched others with higher hp than stock and some spin and some others don't.

#2 You wouldn't happen to have a part # for your front locker??? The local cluebine doesn't know the # and can't seem to find it. Would go somewhere else, but don't know of anybody to go to other than them.

Thanks for the info. Later Jeremy
    2001 GMC 2500HD SLT,quad 215,a little big present from edge,afe air intake,4\"inch exhaust,cowl induction hood,285BFer\'s,eaton e-locker,stage 4 suncoast tranny in 3 more sleeps

mtomac Guest

I slowly let off the throttle after I stop moving to let the boost down slow and keep the turbo from chirping. I got my Elocker from Reider racing in Taylor, MI. They advertise in all the 4wd magazines, their website is http://www.reiderracing.com/elocker.htm

Hey Tomac

Thanks for the reply, will be ordering that as well. Forgot one question, have you tried or seen a duramx pull in 4hi and 2nd?? Been thinking about trying it, but not sure might be too tall. Was gonna take off in 1st and once the tires hooked and i had speed manually shift it to 2nd.

I might not have to as i'm gonna try the Stealth with the raised rev limiter, but might try it and see how the outcome is. Later Jeremy
    2001 GMC 2500HD SLT,quad 215,a little big present from edge,afe air intake,4\"inch exhaust,cowl induction hood,285BFer\'s,eaton e-locker,stage 4 suncoast tranny in 3 more sleeps

Tomac, so how did they pull go lastnight with the new tranny and power?? Man, I am missin my truck right now, I went to watch both of the pulls the past 2 nights that I should of been pullin in, oh well, hope they get it fixed soon, so I can pull next Saturday night. heartbeat, when I pull, every time I am spinning from the beginning to the end, both rear and one front. I have watched tomac pull, and his fronts seem to stop a little before his rears do, he is running 33x12.5's though compared to our 285's. Hey tomac, you oughta see Scott Amos's truck(from the haisley crew) he is now runnin 33x12.5's on the front of that Dually cummins.
    01 GMC 2500HD Ext. Cab LB D/A 4x4 White, High Idle, 4\" Exhaust, Airbox Mods, Predator 1.04, VA Hot Box, Isspro Pyro & Boost in Overhead console,285/75/R16 Mud Kings, BD-70hp pulse box FOR SALE<br />xltlimited@hotmail.com

I had the same problem when trying to order my e-locker, the local guy swore up and down they didn't make one for our trucks. He called about 3 different people. I just went ahead and ordered mine from ring-pinion.com, they were really good on the phone, total was 601. Sorry, I don't have the oart number yet. I'm currently waiting for it to arrive. I haven't decided wheather to do the install myself or have it done. I'll have to decied after I see it and the instructions. Any tips on installing one of these? I've taken the front diff out of a ifs truck before, just the shims and that stuff scare me. I'm going to a pull tommorrow, I'm lovin it. Hopefully we can all meet up sometime. Anyone going to Terre Haute the 22nd or 23rd?

Kyle
    03 2500HD D/A CC<br />kyle@michael.net

Kyle, I put Tomacs locker in and its not a big deal, You can come up and I will put it in for you. $360.00 for install. If your gonna do it yourself, email me, Its not a big deal.
    2003 GMC Sierra 2500 HD CC Shorty
    Dyno Proven - 800 rwhp on fuel only.
    Trans to hold it and a big ol S400 turbo feeding it.

Red face

Last year all my pulls I used 4hi and left the shifter in 2nd gear. After watching the video's many times I dont think it ever shifted to 2nd. This year my goal was to run 4hi 2nd. I knew that the truck had no shortage of power with the hot juice so with my 215 hp Qaudzilla I was sure it had the power. Well after my wife pulled twice with the hot juice and took first place I shut the juice off and programed the 215hp Quad. Its a little harder to spool up with the Quad over the juice because of the power comes on with more peddle but off I went down the track with the allison going into 2nd right off the line. I had lots of wheel speed but then about 275 feet when the sled put the air brakes on it made the tranny shift down. The shift was smooth but I lost almost all speed and was only able to pull 296ft. 1st place went to my buddys dodge at 305ft. So my night pull was another try with 2nd. This time I came off the line with the shifter in 2nd and as soon as i got moving I shifted the tranny into 2nd with a tech 2. But it still would'nt hold and it and came in and out of 2nd three times before I pulled it down into 1st. I think this would of worked earlier in the day because the track was much drier because the later pull there was water squishing out from under the tires. So I know the tranny replacement I buy will depend on some way to pick a gear.
    We specialize in GM HD trucks, 4x4 conversions, short or long bed conversions or duramax conversions!!
    2004 yukon xl D/A gone
    2007 2500hd D/A
    2007 2500hd/medium duty conversion
    2008 3500hd D/A