I have driven my Jeep with the 38" tires on it for a couple of years now and put a little over 5000 miles on it with the stock military hummer engine in it and am quite happy with it.
But now I would like to up the horsepower significantly and decided that installing twin turbos would be the easiest and the kewlest.
As some of you know the hummer engine has two separate intakes, one for each side of the V. My preliminary thoughts include one turbo for each side, one intercooler for each side, propane and nitrous injection.
What turbos would be best suited for this setup??
Would it be possible to use the stock engine, ie injectors, injection pump and pistons??
As long as I keep the exhaust temps down it should stay together shouldn't it??
Please remember this is not for a 8000+lb truck that will be pulling another 10000+lb trailer, it is for a 4000 lb Jeep that wont be pulling much if anything, and only putting around 5000 miles a year on it.
I have the fabrication skills to pull this off, but as some of you might have guessed by now, i dont have the engineering skills!!
I also know that there are many on here that do have these skills, that is why I am asking here.
I can handle constructive critisism and even "that is just plain stupid" as long as you explain why and give me some good suggestions of the right way to do this.
I am hoping to achieve around 400hp.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.