Got the trans-control working just fine, controlling the trans, now, I've totally lost the speedometer. Initially, when I simply piggy backed the 2 original speedo wires to the new purple and black wires from Quick 4 to the VSS sensor on the transfer case, I had a working speedometer, but had bad codes showing on the controller display. That was on the day that I had practically nothing else hooked up, including the crankshaft sensor. Now that's all fixed, but. -- Today, I went through every combo of hooking up the two wires to the Quick 4, including one wire from the speedo to a dedicated ground and the other to first one, then the other of the output wires to the Quick 4. Nothing worked. So, to check the speedo, and, or the VSSB, I cut the 2 Quick 4 wires and hooked my speedo wires back up to original - green/green and purple/purple. No speedo!

What did I fry in the speedometer, or the VSSB? Something sure changed. I think I may have a schematic of how to trouble-shoot the VSSB somewhere in a Helm manual, or something, but right now, I find myself in an area that has the potential of costing $ and being out of my area of expertise by a good margin.

Anyone with ideas for me to start checking?

Thanks, DW