Hi All.

I have started working on our 1983 6.2L diesel truck as noted in this thread here:
https://www.thedieselpageforums.com/...ad.php?t=36577

I have a question about the fuel system. Bear in mind that the truck has been stored in a barn for 20 years and has not been ran any during that time.

We plan to drop the fuel tank and most likely replace it. We will also replace the fuel lines from the fuel tank to the fuel pump that is located on the block. Does anybody know if these fuel lines are rubber or metal? I have not yet got that far but we have begun ordering the parts and I would think that if they are metal we could flush them really well. We will replace any rubber hoses/parts as well as the filter.
We are also going to replace the fuel pump on the block and the fuel lines from there to the injection pump (via the filter). I will probably need to flush the fuel that is in the injector pump out, maybe through the injector lines (disconnected at the block) but I'm not sure how.

Any ideas, advice, or suggestions welcome. I've ordered the book from this site, I hope it comes in soon.