Thread: 85 K5 6.2L CUCV Motor. Temp Gauge not working!

Default 85 K5 6.2L CUCV Motor. Temp Gauge not working!

Hi there!

Thanks all for the info and help so much makong me a member! Cheers!

Ive got an 85 k5 with a cucv motor swap and a 12v setup. It has a 6.2l and the temp gauge does not work.
    From what Ive read there is supposed to be 2 temp gauge sensors one for the fast idle on the passenger side close to the fire wall by the injector. Sensor found!

The second is supposed to be on the drivers side mirror image for the guage. NOT THERE! Am I just blind or am I to beleive the cucv idiot light was piggy backed off the fast idle??? Thanks in advance!

Arrow

The fast-idle temp "gauge sensor" is really just a thermal switch that flips at 95 degrees F. The engine coolant temperature sensor is usually a transducer, which varies as a function of temperature. There were a few 6.2L diesels offered with a bare-bones instrument panel that operated with a simpler high temp warning lamp.

The location of the ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) sensor can vary a little... It's usually screwed into the driver's side cyl head near the front outside corner. It could also be in the aluminum coolant crossover, somewhere near the t-stat housing. Using an ohm-meter, you should be able to measure some value of resistance from the center terminal to ground.